Student & Exchange Visas

Academic immigration issues surrounding student visas are multi-faceted. Perhaps you’re in the United States on an F-1 student visa and looking for a tenure-track job. Maybe you have been in J-1 status and need help filing a 212(e) waiver to overcome the two-year home-stay requirement in order to take a job or post-doc in the United States immediately, or perhaps you unfortunately find yourself in a position where you have inadvertently fallen out of F-1 non-immigrant status and need to file for reinstatement of your student status. Our attorneys have experience with these types of issues, and are willing to provide the type of precise advice you need at rates that are within students’ reach.

Our attorneys are available to provide student organizations and schools with seminars about frequently asked immigration questions related to being a foreign student in the United States. We believe that this type of information should be provided as a public service, and accordingly, we generally provide these information sessions free of charge to interested organizations and schools.

Many foreign graduate students in the United States are also faced with the daunting process of solving the difficult twin-problem of finding an academic job in the United States while making sure that they have an immigration status that enables them to work in the United States as professors, lecturers, and researchers. The attorneys at Palladino, Isbell & Casazza have close ties to the academic community and understand the unique challenges of obtaining academic employment. We would be happy to provide you with an accurate assessment of your immigration options in the United States to maximize your professional potential. Our areas of experience include assistance with EB-1 self-petitions for academics and researchers of extraordinary ability, EB-2 petitions for outstanding professors and researchers, EB-2 special recruitment cases for non-tenure track university and college teachers, cap-exempt H-1B petitions for non-immigrant tenure-track teaching and research petitions, as well as TN visas for Mexican and Canadian academics.

If you have any questions about your options as an academic or researcher in the United States, we would be pleased to hear from you and glad to become your partners in achieving your immigration and professional objectives in the United States.

Contact Us

Our dedicated attorneys are eager to meet with you and learn about your specific immigration issues. For assistance, please call our office at 215 576 9000.